With the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 just around the corner, cricket enthusiasts are gearing up for the much-anticipated tournament set to take place in India. Here’s a comprehensive guide to everything you need to know about this mega event:
ICC World Cup 2023: Dates and Time
- The tournament kicks off on October 5, with the final match scheduled for November 19.
- Day matches start at 10:30 AM IST, and day-night matches begin at 2:00 PM IST.
ICC World Cup 2023: Full Schedule and Fixtures
The tournament boasts an action-packed schedule with matches spread across various venues. Here’s a glimpse of some of the exciting clashes:
|Match No.||Match||Date||Time (IST)||Venue|
|1||England vs New Zealand||October 5||2:00 PM||Ahmedabad|
|6||New Zealand vs Netherlands||October 9||2:00 PM||Hyderabad|
|19||Netherlands vs Sri Lanka||October 21||10:30 AM||Lucknow|
|31||Pakistan vs Bangladesh||October 31||2:00 PM||Kolkata|
|45||India vs Netherlands||November 12||2:00 PM||Bengaluru|
|Semi-Final 1||TBC vs TBC||November 15||2:00 PM||Mumbai|
|Semi-Final 2||TBC vs TBC||November 16||2:00 PM||Kolkata|
|Final||TBC vs TBC||November 19||2:00 PM||Ahmedabad|
Full match Schedules: Click Here
- A total of 48 matches will be played across 10 grounds in India.
- The tournament follows a round-robin format, where 10 teams compete against each other.
- Key Matches:
- Opening Match: England vs New Zealand on October 5 in Ahmedabad.
- India vs Pakistan: Block your calendar for October 14 in Ahmedabad.
- Semi-finals: Scheduled for November 15 and November 16 in Mumbai and Kolkata, respectively.
- Final: The grand finale will be held on November 19 in Ahmedabad.
ICC ODI World Cup 2023: Teams and Format
- 10 teams will battle it out: India, England, Pakistan, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, and Netherlands.
- A single round robin, followed by semi-finals, and the championship match up with the 2019 World Cup format.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Venues
Matches will be hosted at iconic stadiums such as:
- Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
- Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
- M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
- Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
- Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala
- Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow
- Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- MCA International Stadium, Pune
- Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Prize Money
- The total prize pool is USD 10 million, with the winner receiving USD 4 million.
ICC World Cup 2023: Live Telecast and Streaming
- Star Sports Network will broadcast all matches in India.
- Matches will be live-streamed on the Disney+ Hotstar app and website.
ICC World Cup 2023: Full Squads
- Each team’s squad is packed with talent. Key players include Rohit Sharma (India), Babar Azam (Pakistan), Kane Williamson (New Zealand), and Jos Buttler (England).
|Afghanistan||Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Riaz Hassan, Rahmat Shah, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Ikram Alikhil, Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Abdul Rahman, and Naveen ul Haq.|
|Australia||Pat Cummins (c), Steve Smith, Alex Carey, Josh Inglis, Sean Abbott, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa, and Mitchell Starc|
|Bangladesh||Shakib Al Hasan (c), Litton Kumer Das, Tanzid Hasan Tamim, Najmul Hossain Shanto (vc), Tawhid Hridoy, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Nasum Ahmed, Shak Mahedi Hasan, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Shoriful Islam, Tanzim Hasan Sakib|
|England||Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey, Mark Wood, and Chris Woakes|
|India||Rohit Sharma (c), Hardik Pandya (vc), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ishan Kishan, and Suryakumar Yadav.|
|Netherlands||Scott Edwards (c), Max O’Dowd, Bas de Leede, Vikram Singh, Teja Nidamanuru, Paul van Meekeren, Colin Ackermann, Roelof van der Merwe, Logan van Beek, Aryan Dutt, Ryan Klein, Wesley Barresi, Saqib Zulfiqar, Shariz Ahmad, and Sybrand Engelbrecht|
|New Zealand||Kane Williamson (c), Trent Boult, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitch Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, and Will Young|
|Pakistan||Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Abdullah Shafique, Mohammad Rizwan, Saud Shakeel, Iftikhar Ahmed, Salman Ali Agha, Mohammad Nawaz, Usama Mir, Haris Rauf, Hasan Ali, Shaheen Afridi, and Mohammad Wasim.|
|South Africa||Temba Bavuma (c), Gerald Coetzee, Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen, and Lizaad Williams.|
|Sri Lanka||Dasun Shanaka (c), Kusal Mendis (vc), Kusal Perera, Pathum Nissanka, Lahiru Kumara, Dimuth Karunaratne, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Maheesh Theekshana, Dunith Wellalage, Kasun Rajitha, Matheesha Pathirana, Dilshan Madushanka, and Dushan Hemantha Traveling reserve: Chamika Karunaratne.|
The ICC has announced an impressive prize pool of USD 10 million for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. The winners of this prestigious event will walk away with a substantial prize purse of USD 4 million, while the runners-up will receive USD 2 million. Additionally, the two losing semi-finalists will each be awarded USD 800,000.
Live Telecast and Streaming
For fans eager to catch every moment of the action, the ODI World Cup 2023 will be broadcast live on the Star Sports Network in India. Furthermore, all 48 matches will be available for live streaming on the Disney+ Hotstar app and website, ensuring that fans can follow their favorite teams and players from anywhere.
Full Squads Team Wise List
The teams have announced their squads, featuring star players from around the world. Here’s a glimpse of the squads for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
Please note that this table includes the squads for the ODI World Cup 2023 for each of the mentioned teams.
With a mix of seasoned veterans and exciting young talents, these squads promise thrilling cricket action throughout the tournament.
Stay tuned for thrilling cricket action and witness the world’s best teams battle for glory in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023!